Compassionate Yet Aggressive
Family Law Attorneys
- Family Law
- Civil Litigation
Miriam was licensed to practice in 1999. Upon becoming a member of the bar, she started with a small firm. That experience provided a unique opportunity to those who were facing the most challenging time in their life. In 2003, Miriam founded what she affectionately calls, MAJ PC, with a vision of providing top notch legal services without ever forgetting the need for personal service.
Miriam understands the need to sometimes settle a matter without a court proceeding, but is very comfortable in a courtroom before a judge or a jury. She will mediate and settle a family law matter, but will fight for what is just and fair for a family in the courtroom.
When a case goes to trial you can count on Attorney Arnold-Johnson to go to the mat for you. Additionally, Miriam is trained and serves as a Guardian ad Litem, (an advocate for the best interest of children) in domestic cases.
She is a member in good standing with the State Bar of Georgia, a member of the Dekalb County Bar Association, Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys and is a State Bar of Georgia Family Law Section member. She is admitted to practice in the state of Georgia, the Georgia Supreme Court, and the Court of Appeals of Georgia.
- Georgia State University College of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- Clark Atlanta University
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Major: Political Science
- Georgia, 1999
- Haskell v. Haskell, 686SE2d102 286 GA112, 2009, GA supreme
- 10 Best Family Law Attorneys 2015 - American Institute
- Best in Gwinnett Nominee
Classes & Seminars
- Miriam has served on panels for the ICLE Family Law conference, as well as the GABWA family law CLE.
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys
- Dekalb County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Georgia Family Law Section, Member
- Gwinnett Bar Association